Fincon Accounting comes with default layouts for a variety of documents like, for example, invoices, credit notes or delivery notes, to name a few. You have the ability to customize these layouts with Fincon Accounting's form designer to suit your company's needs or create layouts from scratch.
Have a look at this guide to see how to edit a document layout.
This guide looks at how to create a document layout from scratch.
Create the document layout
Watch this video to see how to create a document layout from scratch or follow the steps below it.
Navigate to the correct window
- Navigate to System / Printing and Utilities / Form Layouts / Form Designer.
Create the new document layout
- Click on the New button.
- Choose the desired document type from the drop-down list.
- Enter a name in the Layout name text box.
- Change the number of item lines to be used in the document by replacing the number in the Number of detail lines text box.
- Change the number of default copies to be printed by replacing the number in the Default number of copies text box.
- Untick the User can change copies when printing checkbox if you do not want to allow users to be able to change the number of copies when the document is printed.
- Tick the Use as default layout checkbox if you want to apply the new layout as a default to the relevant document.
Tick the Print form to text printers checkbox if the form layout is intended for text printers
Untick the Use Form Feed (Text Printers) checkbox if the designated paper is of a length that the printer can be set for.
- Tick the Print accompanying layouts by default checkbox if accompanying layouts should be printed by default.
- Select the required lines per inch from the Details/Form Lines options. On text forms, the selected lines per inch will be used for the entire form while on graphic forms it will only be used for the detail area.
- Click the Accept button.
Add the required details
- Add the necessary details like header fields, detail fields, a logo and so on. Look at the guides linked at the bottom of this guide to see how to do this.
Save your changes and exit
- Once you are done, click the Save button to save your changes.
- Click the Close button.
- The following message box will appear: Are you sure you want to exit?
- Click the Yes button.
Here are some other guides pertaining to document layouts: