You must only enter the amount that has actually been deposited and not the amount that has been received. Transactions for expenses that were paid with cash from tills must be entered with the Disbursements function.
You can capture bank deposits in two ways:
Manually capturing bank deposits
Watch this video to see how to capture a bank deposit manually or follow the steps below it.
Navigate to the correct window
- Navigate to Debtors / Debtor Payments / Bank Deposits.
Enter the deposit details
- Enter (or select) the ledger account of the bank account that the deposit is going to, in the Bank Account text box.
- Enter an appropriate reference for the deposit in the Deposit Ref text box.
- Enter the deposit date in the Date text box.
- Select the appropriate period from the Period dropdown list.
Select the funds to be deposited
- Click the Cheques, Credit Cards or Cash on Hand tab, whichever one is appropriate.
- Click on the necessary entries and use the Enter key on your keyboard to select or deselect the entries.
- Check that the total at the bottom matches the amount you are supposed to deposit.
Process the deposit
- Click the Accept button.
- Specify the print options and click the OK button, or click the Cancel button to close the window without printing.
Bulk importing bank deposits
When you import bank deposits, Fincon Accounting will automatically generate a receipt for the transactions as well, unless you specify the system not to do it. Note that bank deposits can only be imported if it is in local currency.
Watch this video to see how to import bank deposits or follow the steps below it.
Download the template
- Download the template at the bottom of this guide.
Create the CSV file
- Complete the spreadsheet with the relevant item information.
- Save the file as a spreadsheet in order to reference it later if needed.
- Remove all headings, instructions and other tabs.
- Save the file as a CSV file.
- Close the file.
If the file is not closed, you will get an I/O Error 32 when trying to import the file.
Navigate to the correct window
- Navigate to System / Import Utilities / Accounts / Import Bank Deposits.
Enter the import details
- Enter (or select) the appropriate bank account number in the Bank Account text box.
- Enter the deposit reference in the Deposit Reference text box.
- Enter the date of the deposit in the Date text box.
- Select to not allocate the deposits in the relevant checkbox, if required.
- Select to ignore allocation balances in the relevant checkbox, if required.
Upload the CSV file
- Click the Open File button.
- Select the appropriate file and click the Open button.
- Check for any errors and correct where needed - if there are errors present you will not be able to import the deposits.
Import the bank deposits
- Click the Accept button to import the bank deposits.
- The following message box will appear: Are you sure you want to generate and deposit the payments? Click the Yes button.
- You can print the bank deposit import by specifying the print options and clicking the OK button, or click the Cancel button to close the window without printing.
Download the template here: