Before capturing a credit card refund, a credit note needs to be created in order to allocate the refund to the credit note.
Read this guide to see how to do this.
Watch this video to see how to capture a credit card refund or follow the steps below it.
Navigate to the correct window
- Navigate to Debtors / Debtor Payments / Enter Credit Card Refunds.
Enter the refund details
- Enter the date of the refund in the Date text box.
- Enter the drawers name in the Name text box, if required.
- Enter the drawers ID number in the ID No text box, if required.
- Enter the credit card number in the C/Card No text box.
- Enter a comment in the Comment text box, if required.
- Enter (or select) the appropriate ledger account number in the Designated Bank Account text box.
- Enter (or select) the appropriate customer account in the first open line in the ACCOUNT column.
- Enter the refund amount in the AMOUNT column, this needs to be a negative amount.
- Select the line in the OUTSTANDING column of one of the transactions that the refund pertains to.
- Press F3 to allocate the payment wholly or partly to the selected transaction.
Save the refund
- Click the Accept button.
- Specify the print options and click the OK button, or click the Cancel button to close the window without printing.