This function is usually used when money in the till is used for purposes other than refunds and so on, for example when paying a supplier. The disbursements window looks exactly like a normal customer payments received window and works the same, it just has a till number and it is a negative payment.
Watch this video to see how to do a disbursement or follow the steps below it.
Navigate to the correct window
- Navigate to Debtors / Point of Sale / Disbursements.
Enter the payment details
- Enter the date of the payment in the Date text box.
- Select the payment type from the Payment Type dropdown list.
- Enter the name of the customer in the Name text box, if required.
- Enter a comment in the Comment text box, if required.
- Enter the customer's ID number in the ID NO text box , if required.
- Enter the credit card number in the C/Card No text box, if required.
- Enter (or select) the appropriate account number in the first open line in the ACCOUNT column.
- Enter the amount paid in the AMOUNT column - this should be a NEGATIVE amount.
- Select the line in the OUTSTANDING column of one of the invoices that the payment pertains to.
- Press F3 to allocate the payment wholly or partly to the selected invoice.
- Repeat for all the invoices that the payment pertains to.
You can auto allocate the payment by clicking the Auto Allocate button, this is usually a method to consider if the payment balances with the outstanding amount. The payment will be allocated from the oldest transactions to the newest transactions.
Save the disbursement
- Click the Accept button.
- Specify the print options and click the OK button, or click the Cancel button to close the window without printing.